Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register with Dental Professionals?
You can either register at www.dentalp.com/employers/register-dental-professionals/ or simply by calling our office at 207-767-4851. Please contact us to request our “Dental Professionals Staffing Agreement” and current temporary and permanent placement fee schedules.
Do I have more than one option to pay for temporary help?
You are able to choose from one of two payroll options when utilizing our temporary services.
- Option 1: Dental Professionals pays the temporary employee and charges the client the salary of the temporary employee, all payroll withholding and taxes, and the hourly service fee. Dental Professionals is responsible for any workmen’s comp claims, unemployment claims, annual bloodborne pathogen training, and issuing the employee W-2 at the end of the year.
- Option 2: Dental Professionals bills the client an hourly service fee. (The client is responsible for the salary of the temporary employee, all payroll withholding and taxes, any workmen’s comp claims, unemployment claims, annual bloodborne pathogen training, and issuing the employee W-2 at the end of the year.)
Am I able to use temporary help for less than a full day?
All temporary assignments require a minimum four hour placement. After that you are only charged in five minute intervals. We do not charge half day or full day rates. Please note, the four hour minimum will be charged if the client employer does not cancel directly with Dental Professionals at least four hours prior to the scheduled start time (exception: if the scheduled start time is before 11:00 a.m. the cancellation must be made before 9:00 p.m. the day before).
How do I schedule a temporary employee for my practice?
All temporary assignments and tryouts are to be scheduled through the offices of Dental Professionals. We are available beginning at 6:00 AM Monday through Friday and respond to our after hours cell phone till 9:00 PM 7 days a week.
Does Dental Professionals check references and perform background checks?
In addition to interviewing all applicants in our office we check references, monitor their performance on current assignments, contact former employers, and perform background checks on all applicants that register with us.
What obligates me to pay Dental Professionals a permanent placement fee?
The employer agrees to pay the permanent placement fee if:
- They hire or negotiate permanent placement with the temporary employee within twelve months after the last date recorded on a time sheet.
- They hire or negotiate permanent placement after Dental Professionals provides you a resume or contacts an applicant regarding a position at your practice that you have not yet met or interviewed.
- They cause, through referral, the temporary employee to be hired by another employer within twelve months of the last date recorded on the temporary employee time sheet.
Do I have more than one option to pay for the permanent placement fee?
We offer the employer the option of either a permanent placement fee or a temp to hire payment plan once you notify us of your intent to hire one of our employees.
What if the permanent placement employee that I hire does not work out?
If a new permanent hire is not to your satisfaction we will refund your placement fee less the temporary hour rate for any hours worked.